7 Essential Ways to Improve Your Android Training Skills
- 17th February 2018
With the huge demand for Android based phones and android based apps you would know that it is easy to become an Android developer. But to become a successful Android developer and standing out from the rest is not as easy. Being in the field of Android Training , since long we at PHP Kolkata can tell you that it takes a lot of hard work, passion, dedication, and perseverance to become great at this job. There are no short cuts as such and you need to succeed through your hard work and perseverance. The resources for knowledge are many. Thanks to the internet and to mega search engines like Google. However you also need to know exactly what you need to know. The following are the 7 essential steps on your path towards a successful Android development career.
- Knowledge of Java
- If you want to succeed in Android development the first thing you need to be familiar with is the knowledge of Java. As an Android Developer you need you need to be much more thoughtful with your codes. You must define the types of data and applications plan to work with, and more carefully allocating scarce memory resources. In fact as an Android developer in no way can you afford to have ambiguity in a mobile environment. Proper Java knowledge makes sure that there’s no confusion about what each component of your application is trying to do Experts in the field are of the opinion that you end up writing less code, but your code needs to be much more elegant and precise.
- Understanding XML
- If you are in the field of web development you would already know that XML was created as a standard way to encode data for all types of internet-based applications. In fact you would also know that XML is a structured markup language, which shares many features in common with HTML. In simple terms XML enables free flow of information between devices in a way that can be understood consistently. It is important that you note that in the Android world, developers use XML to create layouts that serve as the foundational UI definition for Android applications. Mastering the basics of XML is an important skill you must develop as a successful Android developer.
- Android SDK
- Here SDK stands for Software Development Kit. This is what is used by Android Developers which give them access to device functions like the camera and accelerometer. One key component here is a library called Gradle. As an Android Developer you need to spend some time figuring out how the various SDKs for Android can be pieced together in different ways to put together an application. It is true that this will take time. You must also note that each Android SDK comes with many examples. The Android SDK is what you help you understand what each package does and how to plug it into your app.
- Android Studio
- If you are new to Android development you must note that the integrated development environment (IDE) of choice for Android developers is called Android Studio. This is is built on top of the well-respected IntelliJ IDE. Andoid Studio comes with great out-of-the-box support for many of the most common Android SDKs. Android Studio also features many of the capabilities developers expect of a full-featured IDE. Code completion helps make auto-complete suggestions as you type. These also help to identify the errors while coding Android Studio is an absolute necessity for an Android developer.
- As an Android developer, you would realize that you would have to interact with many other services. As an example, you might want to allow your users to access a calendar from a third party service, or you could even want to check the stock market. Many companies offer APIs. These would tell you exactly how to query them for data in a consistent, secure enable users to interact with any existing API, Google also makes it very easy to connect to their own APIs from your Android app. So having basic knowledge about APIS for you as an Android Developer is important too.
- In case your app is to handle large amounts of data, most of it probably would not be available on your device at any given point of time. Instead, your app would have to interact with a database that’s available outside of your phone. There are certain Cloud based services like which provide simple APIs to store data in the cloud and make it available across devices. You could also find often provide Java libraries that you can plug into your app, making it easy to cache some of the data on the user’s device. It is important to sync the data between local storage and remote database. The other way to store data locally is through Android’s built-in support for using SQL to interact with a SQLite database. Thus as an Android Developer you need to understand how data bases work.
- Material Design
- Unlike its competitors like Apple, Google has not in the past maintained a consistent design aesthetic across all the products they offer. However in recent times much has changed on this front. In fact recently Google has released a set of forward-thinking interface guidelines and standards called Material Design. These were created for all their products. From these guidelines you have important tips to understand how to layer various elements on the screen and use specific styles like drop shadows. In case you have used Google Drive App app or the new Inbox by Gmail application on mobile you might have probably seen Material Design in real life. Though it is not absolutely mandatory, yet Google recommends that Android developers use these guidelines as a foundation for their own user interfaces. So it is best that you familiarize yourself with this material design which is available online.
In conclusion these are the basic things which you must consider to become a successful Android developer.